Powered By Blogger

Saturday, September 1, 2012

I can't believe that it has been almost a year since my last post.  I've had a very busy year trying to get my life in order and trying also to enjoy myself through my dolls.  I've been a doll collector for many years now, mostly Bleuettes, and antique dolls but in the process of collecting I started to enjoy the wooden dolls more and more.  So much in fact, that now my new dream is to become a carver of Hitty dolls.  I used to sell Robert Raikes Hitty and her friends when I had the store, Honey Bear Gifts, and slowly I sold all of my stock and I kept one doll of each style, and for that I am thankful.  I've been buying Hitty's from different artists, and I have a few Blanks too ready to carve and one that has been started but I have not continued because I know my limitations and I think that I need proper classes.  Perhaps this coming year I can go to Atlanta and take a course on carving Hitty.

Well here is a picture of my little doll houses, yesterday hubby was so kind as to buy me a second little play house and today I spent the day playing and not working, and that is the reason that I am always so behind, my dolls are an enjoyment and before I know it I am playing again.

The doll houses are not properly Hitty homes, they are just there for my imagination to let lose, and to enjoy the decorating and the cute furnishings that are available.  My good friend Gladys Alvarez, has painted a lot of furniture in the MacKenzie Childs style for me, which I incorporated in my new house, I am also a lover of Oriental dolls, and she carved me a little Oriental doll that is quite adorable.  My friend Barbara gave me the Hitty that is made from Maple and is standing over a birthday cake.  My friend Mary gave me a Raikes Itty Bitty Hitty that is eating supper in the kitchen.  The thing that I love most in life is to eat, and that is the reason that I am going to Weight Watchers weekly at an attempt to lose some weight.  Ebay is my other down fall yes, I sell but I buy four times more than I sell and I love receiving packages.  I love to read, and of course listening to music and watching movies. My biggest passion happens to be sewing, and fabrics, I could own a fabric store at any given time, I love to see the colors and the prints, and to coordinate the different prints with each other, that is why I love making pin cushions.  The birds that I make is like they make my heart sing along with them, the elephants make me happy and put a smile on my face, the little bears are cuddly and precious and I just love creating.

Now if I only could concentrate on selling more stuff and buying less than I would have more time to sew and play, and more room to create the sewing room of my dream.

Well, my girls have a sewing room in the attic
They are eating cake on their birthday, and opening Ebay packages
Play time is hat they are all about
There is food every where and my Oriental girls are drinking tea, which happens to be one
of my favorite beverages
Of course they have a doll house of their own







No comments:

Post a Comment